District Health Department #4
Know for Sure.
Free Rapid HIV Testing
Walk-ins and same day results in 20 minutes are now available
Who should be tested:
Everyone at least once.
High risk individuals
- Men who sex with men
- People who use drugs
- Anyone who has had a sexually transmitted infection
- Anyone starting a new relationship
- Anyone who has had sex with those above
- If your health care provider recommends it
Order your FREE HIV Self-Test Kit today!
The best way to know your status before getting intimate with someone is to get tested for HIV. Now, we offer a convenient and easy way to test yourself through the use of an HIV Self-Test Kit. Just fill out the confidential form below and we put a kit in the mail to you.
By submitting the form, you are consenting to the following:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You live in one of the following Michigan counties: Alpena, Cheboygan, Montmorency or Presque Isle.
- You agree that the test kit is for your personal use or your age-appropriate partner.
- You are limited to two kits per year for personal use. Additional tests can be requested for you and your age-appropriate partner after discussing risk factors with one of our public health nurses. Additional tests may be provided based on risk for HIV infection and current HIV testing recommendations from the CDC.
- You have not been tested for HIV for 30 days past your potential exposure.
- You will complete the form below that includes information about your risks for HIV infection. This information is required and collected for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- You will provide District Health Department No. 4 your test results as instructed in test kit.
- You consent that District Health Department No. 4 can communicate with you via email and/or phone if needed.
- You consent to provide DHD4 with your test results
- Discuss treatment or other testing options
- Complete a feedback survey