Full Time (35 hours per week)
- Provide direct counseling services to high risk and prenatal clients with emphasis on good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Develop individual care plans for high-risk participants.
- Create or order nutrition education resources.
- Facilitate and/or provide nutrition in-service training to agency staff who provide nutrition services to clients.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the agency Nutrition Services Plan.
- Provide services in office, via tele-health, and in home settings.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to local agency staff and other health professionals in nutrition services areas.
- Serve as the agency representative who administers, plans, trains, implements, executes and evaluates policies and acts as the primary contact for all communications with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services WIC Division.
- Bachelor of science
- Registration as a dietician (RD)
- One year of providing community health, pediatric, and/or maternal/infant nutrition services preferred.
SALARY: Starting at $23.74 per hour in accordance with current Union contract.
Base Office: Alpena
Please submit completed application and resume to:
District Health Department No. 4
Attn: Kendra Bartz
100 Woods Circle Suite 200
Alpena, MI 49707
Or via email: email@example.com
Finance Director / CFO
Job Classification: One (1) Full-Time Finance Director- Salary-Exempt
Base Site: Alpena
Rate of Pay: $61,453 Starting annual salary plus management benefits, depending on experience
The qualifications listed below are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
Under the general supervision of the Health Officer, this position will be responsible for planning and directing the agency accounting system, preparing the annual budget and management information system.
- Ability to provide program oversite, assign, review, plan and coordinate the finance work and meet all deadlines.
- Review and submission of annual Medicaid Cost Report.
- Review and submission of departmental budgets and reports.
- Interpretation of financial information for Board members, auditors, local and state agencies and departmental employees.
- Directs and manages the fiscal, staffing, planning and evaluation activities for programs and services in accordance with established policies and procedures, and with all applicable statues, regulations, and Collective Bargaining contracts governing the employment relationship.
- Provides considerable input in the development and implementation of the Department’s strategic plan, strategic goals and objectives.
- Processes, compiles, researches, and analyzes complex financial information including insurance and pension data. Additionally prepares and verifies reports, correspondence, and other documents utilizing applicable software, within established procedures.
- Manages Performance Management Plan and Accreditation.
- Responds to public health emergencies, emergency exercises, and emergency response training activities.
- Embraces continuous quality improvement methodologies and evaluates staff and programs for strategies to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and cultural competence of service provision.
- Mentoring of staff, assessment of professional training needs, and assisting with the enhancement of workforce development.
- Management of Human Resources operations, activities, and records.
- Supervises the accounting staff.
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Administration, Business Administration or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Master level degree is preferred.
- Ability to create Excel spreadsheets, work in accounting software and possess superior computer skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment, common sense and principles of influence and rational systems in the performance of tasks.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, own means of transportation.
- Attend meetings, seminars, etc. which may require overnight travel and evenings and/or weekends.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
Applications are available at Health Department offices or you may fill one out on-line at www.dhd4.org. Submit application/resume to District Health Department No. 4, 100 Woods Circle, Suite 200, Alpena, MI 49707 ATTN: Human Resources or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Health Department No. 4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer