District Health Department No. 4 provides high quality reproductive health care to women, men and teens at low or no cost. Services are based on your income and we accept most types of insurance. Parental consent is not required.
Current Services available:
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing & treatment
- Rapid HIV & Hepatitis C testing & counseling (results in 20 min)
- Free condoms
For STI screening & treatment appointment offered in Alpena, Cheboygan, Montmorency and Presque Isle Counties, please call 1-800-221-0294.
Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative
Teen pregnancy is a widespread issue that is at the root of numerous social and health challenges.
- District Health Department No. 4 works to prevent teenage pregnancy through education and awareness. Teens may also call or email District Health Department No. 4 for more information on preventing teenage pregnancy, or click on any of the resource links on the right.
Teens in Michigan have the right to the following confidential health services without their parent’s knowledge or permission:
- Drug use and abuse
- Sexually transmitted infections and HIV
- Pregnancy Testing and prenatal (pregnancy) care
- Birth control
If you are on a birth control method and if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, contact your physician or go to the nearest emergency room right away:
- Arm, leg, chest or stomach pains
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden and severe headaches