Early Detection is the Best Prevention
District Health Department No. 4 has a Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Navigation Program (BCCCNP) for Women Ages 40 to 64. The BCCCNP program provides FREE annual screening and follow-up care for low-income women with little or no health insurance. The following services are recommended each year for women over 40:
- Breast exam
- Pelvic exam
- Pap smear (as indicated)
- Patient education
- Appropriate referrals to community providers for follow-up of abnormalities
- Follow up care for additional testing
- Not sure how to use your insurance for a mammagram or pap screenings?
- Having difficulties figuring out how to get to appointments because of transportation issues, daycare, or other reasons?
- Our trained staff are willing to help you! Call today to speak to a Breast and Cervical secretary.
Additional tests needed? Worried that you can’t afford follow-up care for Breast or Cervical Cancer issues? Your insurance plan covered the mammogram, pap and now you are faced with a high deductible for your follow-up care. Call to see if you qualify for our help.
In the event of a diagnosis of breast or cervical cancer, a woman may be eligible for a special Medicaid program through the BCCCNP. If eligible, Medicaid will pay for all of her medical expenses for as long as she is being treated for breast or cervical cancer. Once treatment is completed Medicaid coverage will end through this program. The woman may be eligible (based upon age and income) for continued annual screening services through the BCCCNP.
To find out if you qualify, please call District Health Department No. 4