Girls On The Run Sunrise Side
100 Woods Circle, Suite 200
Alpena, MI 49707
What about a program for Boys? Click here to view Girls of the Run International’s Frequently Asked Questions regarding programming for boys
Who We are
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to completea celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while established a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
The Results are in and Girls on the Run makes a difference!
Girls on the Run is an Affiliate Council of Girls on the Run International www.girlsontherun.org, which has a network of over 200 councils across the United States and Canada. www.girlsontherun.org/locations
To inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experienced-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Our Core Values
We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
We offer 10 week after-school program with bi-weekly sessions led by trained volunteer coaches that guide and mentor the girls through fun and uplifting lessons that incorporate running practices. The program concludes with a celebratory 5K event. On May 19, 2018, the spring 5K will bring more than 200 girls, along with 100+ running buddies, 40+coaches, 30 volunteers and 100+community and family members together to be inspired as girls cross the finish line.
- Alpena Public School: Besser, Hinks, Lincoln, Sanborn, Wilson, Ella White and Thunder Bay Jr High
- All Saints Catholic Elementary in Alpena
- Cheboygan Intermediate School
- Hillman Elementary
- Immanuel Luthern in Alpena
- Inland Lakes Elementary
- Onaway Elementary
- Posen Elementary
- Rogers City Elementary
- Wolverine Elementary
If you would like Girls on the Run to come to your school, contact Cathy Goike at 989-358-7970 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to become a Sponsor or Coach and play a role in supplying the transformational power that girls in NE Michigan have experienced through Girls on the Run contact Cathy Goike.